Horseback Riding Tours
Ride to the Ruins
At Hanna Stables, we offer daily guided horseback riding tours during the day. Our most popular tour are a half day horseback ride to Xunantunich Mayan ruins, or the shorter, more leisurely horseback riding tour around San Lorenzo Farm. Or get the best of both worlds and do a Combination Xunantunich plus San Lorenzo Farm ride. Most of our horseback rides are suited for beginners and no previous horseback riding experience is necessary. We also offer several Advanced Horseback Rides that require previous riding experience. The tours are also family-friendly and are limited small, intimate groups. While our main offers are in horseback riding, we can also help arrange tours to Tikal, Caracol, El Pilar, and other popular tour sites in San Ignacio. Check out a full list of tours we offer below.
Basic Info For All Tours
- Tours start at a time of your choosing between 8am-1pm
- Price rates and time duration vary according to the tour
- Tours to Mayan ruins involve dismounting at the entrance and exploring ruins on foot
- No previous riding experience required (unless stated otherwise)
- Family-friendly and able to accommodate groups (please email us for groups of 4+ people)
- Small, intimate groups led by Hanna Stables staff
- Riding helmets supplied
- What to wear for horseback riding tours
- Weight limit of 250 lbs (113.4 kg) per rider
- All tours include lunch of organically grown food produced on our own farm
- Check prices and availability online and make instant reservations
Horseback Riding Tours We Offer
Horseback Rides for All Levels
No experience necessary!
- Xunantunich Mayan Ruins – Belize’s most popular Mayan ruins.
- El Pilar Mayan Ruins – Partially excavated, less crowded ruins of El Pilar.
- Actun Kan Mayan Ruins – Exclusive access to this unexcavated Mayan ruin
- Cahal Pech Mayan ruins – Ruin located atop a hill overlooking San Ignacio town
- San Lorenzo Farm Tour – Ride a horse around the 400 acres of San Lorenzo Organic Farm
For Advanced Horseback Riders
*Previous experience required for all riders on these tours
**Plenty of opportunities to trot, canter, and gallop
- Advanced Nature Tour – heavy emphasis on nature and scenery
- Combination Xunantunich + Advanced Nature Tour
- El Pilar Mayan Ruins